Friday, October 3, 2008

My Holiday

Because I am not an avid backpacker I decided to go visit my mother in Twin Falls because she told me she missed Claire...not me...Claire. So Friday I made the 4 1/2 hour drive to Burley to visit my sister, Lori. And by 4 1/2 hours I mean for the normal adult with no children. With Claire it probably took me about 6. She cried for a good two hours straight. I kept having to pull over and hold her. I kept thinking that maybe she was hungry, since that is the only thing I can think of to do when she is crying. Every time I tried to feed her she would just look at me and smile as if to say, "What are we going to do Mom? I know! Let's play!" So then I would stick her back into her carseat because I just wanted to get to our destination before her high school graduation. Then she would start to cry again. I finally got to Burley with a smidgin' of sanity. Then that night I drove to Twin to stay with my Mom. Saturday we pretty much went shopping. I have to take advantage of being places that have stores besides Kings and Alco Discount. I attempted to buy clothes for me. Attempted being the key word in that sentence. So, I then promptly went to clothes shopping for Claire because everything looks cute on her. That night we watched Women's Conference at my mom's house with Lori and Diana and then went out to dinner. And stayed up late talking and laughing. It was a fun weekend. It came to a close with a 5 hour drive home and Claire screaming for another 2 hours.

No comments: