Friday, October 3, 2008

Dallin's Holiday





Dallin and his brother, Devin, decided to go backpacking last weekend. They ventured off to the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness to hike to Ship Island Lake. Here are a couple important highlights of the hike:

Total Distance: 22 miles round trip (about 21 miles too far for me)
Difficulty: Strenuous (or wish you were dead difficulty)

I am forever grateful that Devin went with him because Dallin always gets this hair-brained idea of going backpacking by himself. I feel that if I allow him to do this he will never come home because he will have broken his ankle from a fall and that he will be stranded in the middle of nowhere and he will get so thirsty that he will have to drink his own pee and then a bear will come along and find him a tasty meal. I don't need to go on. So, Devin thank you thank you for going with him and for taking your gun to shoot all the hungry bears.

They were both pretty tired when they came home. But, they had loads of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dallin how about sending your photos of your trip to me
judyk@d93.k12.id.us