Monday, February 25, 2008

Ramblings

So, there is not really a subject matter to this blog...hence the name. I realized that I was bored with my own blog page because I hadn't written anything in quite some time. And I thought to myself, "Self, if I'm bored with it, everyone else is probably bored with it too."

Dallin has had some pretty crazy/sad experiences in the lab lately. One of which is so sad that I feel a little funny writing a blog about it. So, I won't. I can tell you about one though. One night in the ER there was a man that was brought in that was very drunk to say the least. He had gotten into a bar fight and on the way to the ER had beaten up one of the EMT's. When they got to the hospital they wanted to find out what his blood alcohol level was so they called the trusty prompt lab tech to come and draw his blood. After they warned Dallin that he had beaten up an EMT they said, "Now go draw his blood. Good luck." Never fear though, due to the fact that not much happens in Salmon, ID the whole police dept (all of 8) were in the room with Dallin. We've started to notice that right at midnight is when the population of Salmon decides to show up to the ER. I've decided to call it the midnight phenomenon. I guess it's not really a phenomenon. If people would drink responsibly my husband might actually get to come home on time.

Dallin and I got to give our "Welcome to the Ward Talks" in Sacrament meeting last week. Our bishop called and asked us to give them Friday night. There was not much time to prepare, but in all honesty he probably could have asked us to give them a month in advance and we still wouldn't have prepared them til the night before. We both talked on marriage. That's all I have to say about that.

One thing that I've noticed about being pregnant is that someone somewhere throughout the day everyday has to comment on the growing size of my abdomen. Like it's a new thing that pregnant women get bigger bellies. It is usually the same people everyday too. They say things like, "Oh, you're starting to show," "You're belly is looking so cute," "You are looking more and more pregnant everyday," or my favorites "You don't look like you're very big and "You can hardly tell you're showing at all for how far along you are." You would think that the last two comments would be nice to hear, but after the 100th time it gets really old. I had my first experience with a complete stranger touching my stomach the other day...that was fun (say with sarcasm). I am really sick and tired of my stomach being a topic of conversation. Never fear though, I think I am just annoyed with acquaintances making comments. When I see family I probably won't bite your head off if you can't resist to make a comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I seem to recall someone leaving a hilarious comment on my blog about me looking big enough to be having twins. Hilarious...yes that is the word I would use to describe that comment.

Jenn said...

Fun times in Salmon it sounds like! It was so good talking to you the other night, definitely should happen more often! I got plenty of comments, but at least they're commenting on how PREGNANT you are instead of just assuming you're fat. Welcome to my life. Just wait until after the baby comes and people ask you how far along you are after your baby is a couple of weeks old, that pretty much sucks worse, or when you're not pregnant at all and people ask you when you're due, such is life as a fat person, but I'm over it...

Anonymous said...

You are a cute pregnant lady! We can hardly wait to see our cute Granddaughter!