Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Tradition

So, I remember ever since I was little I liked to sleep out under the Christmas tree at least one night during the Christmas season. I decided to make this a family tradition. So, every night of the 23rd we will be dragging our mattresses out into the living room next to the Christmas tree. Last night was the first night of this tradition. We made popcorn and watched a movie and fell asleep to the glow of the lights. Kate actually slept in her own crib because at about 10:30 pm she was not settling down and crying deliriously so I decided we would all be much happier if she was in her own crib. Merry Christmas to all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this tradition. I still miss it. I remember one Christmas after Lisa, Lori, Diana, and Brad were married, we all slept our by the tree, even the inlaws. We watched a comedy and we all laughed at (with) Brad because he laughed so much it made all of us laugh at him. It all started when you were all little and wanted to sleep by the tree on Christmas Eve. I didn't know how Santa could come with all of you their so I promised you we would all sleep out by the tree sometime before Christmas and the tradition was born. Mom

Kimberlee said...

A tradition that we've started at our house too. I love it. Although we've never been smart enough to bring our mattresses into the front room. That's brilliant - and totally beats a night on the air mattress. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.