Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and onto Christmas and Rollers

So, Thanksgiving was a huge success. We went to Dallin's family. The food was so delicious and the company was great too. Thanks so much Grandma and Grandpa Judy! Every year at Thanksgiving I am reminded of my special blessings that I hold dear to my heart such as family, my kids, Dallin, health and strength, every day that I get to have with my family, and Jesus Christ. I am indeed a very blessed woman.

Soon after Thanksgiving, like the day after, we put up our Christmas decorations. Something funny that Claire said that day. The one argument that Dallin and I got into that day was over Christmas lights. He wanted to fix the broken strand...I wanted to go buy new ones. When Dallin walked outside for something Claire said, "Aaahh...Daddy is wearing me out!" I thought that was pretty funny. I smiled and said, "Me too."




Isn't her hair getting so long!



I just got these sponge rollers for Claire. I remember my mom putting them in my hair. I felt a little nostalgia as I was rolling them into her hair.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Dude. First of all, Claire's hair is like, as long as mine which is totally not fair. I was working on growing my hair out before she was born. Rude. Second, I thought I was looking at you as a little girl in those rollers.

catherine said...

yay for christmas! i just bought the tiniest christmas tree ever! and it's soo cute. and it's real! i haven't had a real tree for many years :)

Tiffany said...

Claire's hair is getting long, she is such a beautiful little girl! You are very blessed to have two lovley little ladies! And your family is blessed to have such a wonderful mother and wife! And tell Dallin to simmer down about the stinkin lights!

Anonymous said...

Claire looks just like you did. It just made me think how quickly time passes. Your girls by your tree bring the spirit of Christmas.

I vote for new lights but Dale would spend the entire evening fixing the old ones. I think it is a challenge for him. It brings me great joy to throw them in the garbage. Mom