I got desperate and bought this book:
According to Amazon reviewers it was almost 5 stars. Apparently I am not the only failure as a parent out there. Her system is basically this: You sit by your child's crib as they are falling asleep until they are asleep. You do this for 3 days. Then you gradually move away from the crib. Each station you spend three days/nights there until your precious one falls asleep, until you eventually cannot be seen by your baby anymore. You do this at nap time, bedtime, and middle of night time. Last night was night 1 for me. I sat by her crib for about 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes she kept standing up and leaning over to me. Then, during the night I got up at 0300 and sat by her crib for about 10 minutes. And again at 0645, which didn't really work because I think she was just up for the day. Keep in mind that anything before 0700 is still night time for me. Anything before that is just way too early to get up. She did not have a bottle at all though. So, succes for night 1. I will keep you posted on the other nights. Hopefully this book produces bright eyes and not bags under my eyes.
1 comment:
Just a little insight,Jennifer Ann,you didn't sleep through the night until you were well over 2 yrs.--maybe 2 1/2 years old. I rocked you to sleep or stayed by you until you went to sleep every night. I was a much older mother than you are now--with 5 older children. You CAN AND WILL SURVIVE THIS!! Don't fret, I am still very happy I have you in my life. Mom
Post a Comment