Friday, September 30, 2011

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me



This picture seriously cracks me up for some reason!
So, my dear friend Tiffany taught me how to can peaches today. I have not canned a single thing before in my life! My mother canned food all the time but never taught me how...not that I can remember, but in all fairness to my mother if she did try to teach me it would have been at a time in my life when I wouldn't have appreciated it. I can just picture my past self dragging my feet into the kitchen, "Mom...I'm never going to can anything in my life! Why do I need to learn this?" So, today was filled with kids playing all day very well together, patience from Tiffany, mini pizza for lunch...hee hee, and big friendly old dogs at pizza joint. Aren't my first peaches just beautiful? I am so impressed with myself. Thank Tiffany!

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Ha! That's crazy. Canned peaches are just gorgeous aren't they?

catherine said...

yum. i want some. pleeeaaaase.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to Tiffany! And to you too, Jen. They are beautiful. Enjoy! Mom

Anonymous said...

And just so you know...I totally sang the title of your post. Congrats you! I think that is awesome!

Rachel said...

Beautiful Peaches, and seriously that picture of Kate is the best!

Tiffany said...

They are beautiful! It was a fun day and I can't wait until we do it next year ;) and the pic with Kate and SUPER big dog is my favorite!