Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Claire's First Day of Preschool

My little Claire started preschool last week! I can't believe she is old enough to go! I wasn't going to take her until she was four because she didn't act like she wanted to go. One day we were driving past an elementary school and she saw all the kids playing outside at recess. She said, "Mom, I want to go to preschool!" I did not here the end of it until I called Tiana and enrolled her at Smart Start Preschool. This is a picture of her first day and she was so excited! Five days before her first day she asked me, "How many more bedtimes until I can go?" I promptly told her five after I counted the nights on my fingers. Everyday after that she would count down the nights until she would be able to go. Apparently 3 and 4 year olds are capable of learning things. I had no idea. Things like handwriting and arithmetic! Who knew, right? She has been practicing to hold her pencil right at home and writing the letter "C". As she writes it she says "It goes around and stops." I am so proud of her!

2 comments:

catherine said...

I can't even believe how cute your kids are. I smile every time you post about them. It totally makes my day :)

Walt and Eileen said...

We can just see you at age 3 in this photo. What a great Mom you are!
Love, Los Petersen - Guess it's "Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen" now. How fun for us...because we have always loved you and your sisters, brother, and mother