Yes, this is a picture of my mother. The woman is the most stubborn person I know and I love her dearly, but I cannot tell you the number of arguments we have had over who is going to pick up the bill at dinner. I don't have enough fingers, toes, hairs upon my head to count. The woman has a brain of a llama. When she gets her mind set on something she will stand with her feet firmly planted on the ground and will not budge; she will even spit in your face if you keep at her. As I am typing this I'm realizing that I myself must have some degree of stubborness, because if I didn't there would not even be an argument at dinner...am I right? But, I am blaming my stubborness on my mother. I learned from the best. I have even had my mother tell me that I was the most stubborn person she has met, well here's lookin' at you mom.I do believe that being stubborn has its pros and cons. Let's start with the cons, shall we? Stubborn people are very exhausting to be around,
they are sometimes impossible to do nice things for,
conjure up feelings of frustration, guilt, defeat, not only defeat, but "I can never win" feelings,
impossible to talk to,
unwilling to see another way,
closeminded,
(and by the way mom, if you are reading this, I am not saying you are like all of these things)
The Pros
Stubborn people make very good parents at times,
have determination,
finish tasks,
are generous,
problem solvers,
stick up for themselves, don't get pushed around
The funny thing about me is I am probably only stubborn when it comes to my children and financial issues and arguments with Dallin but every other avenue in my life I am very laid back about...I think anyways. Welp, I am tired of typing about this, but I would love to hear your thoughts about stubborness as well.
3 comments:
Well, stubborn or not you and your mom are some of my favorite people. That's for sure! Miss ya and love ya...both.
I'm thinking that you might be more stubborn than mom. But it's close race.
Also, pros of not being stubborn = free dinner!
My husband and my children are so dang stubborn. Which in turn requires me to be stubborn at times also, if I don't want to get walked on. But I have never met anyone so stubborn as my husband. But I love him. Sigh, it's just hard work.
Post a Comment