Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sad Days
So, Claire got her immunizations about a week ago. No wonder people don't immunize their children...it is not very fun for anyone that is involved. I have never heard Claire cry like she did that day. She had to get poked 3 times. Normally two nurses come in and poke her together so that it goes quicker but that day only one nurse came in. I offered to help her but the nurse said, "No, I'm not going to make you poke your own baby." I wished she would have let me so that it wasn't as traumatic. She had huge tears streaming down her face. The rest of the day was horrible. When she would start crying it would take forever to calm her down. She would only be calm if I was holding her. If I sat her down her already elevated cry would get even more elevated to the point she would cough, choke and gag. If she fell asleep on me I couldn't move an inch or she would wake up and start crying hard again. So, I watched tv all night and got a very numb bum. I think I created an aversion to her pacifier also, because during the immunizations I was trying to get her to suck on a pacifier and for about a week after she would not take her pacifier. After the immunization trauma days were over she was still really cranky and irritable. I didn't think that it could still be her shots so I thought maybe she had reflux. The doctor had given me a prescription for some Zantac. All weekend though while we were helping Dallin's family move...their house is absolutely gorgeous by the way...she was a little irritable so I didn't get to help with the move a whole lot. I was basically just another body in the way. The medicene seems to be helping now. We have our old happy Claire back. If I could just get her to swallow the medicene. The face she makes when I squirt it in her mouth is horrible. I decided to take a little taste one day and boy howdy...no wonder she spits it out...it's terrible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shots are no fun! I'm glad she's doing better now! It was so good to see you guys! I can't wait to come visit Salmon. We need to just make a vacation out of it before it gets to be wintery. And, I loved the kayak story...thanks for sharing. Sounds like something Andi and I would do. :) LOVES!
Yes yes, Zantac is awesome but tastes like crap. I'm sure we've screwed up Z's understanding of the word "mmm" because that's always what we said when we squirted it in her mouth. Hope it helps though, Z is on two (count em) TWO reflux meds.
hey jen. claire is so cute. im sorry that she had to go through the shot ordeal. hope all is well. talk with you later. chelsee
Post a Comment