Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blessing Day





So, Claire's blessing was on July 6. She looked so cute in her blessing dress. My mom found a machine-knitted dress in Burley at Child's World. It looked so cute on her. It was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want anything too froo-froo...just something simple. It came with a bonnet. We had a lot of family travel all the way to Salmon to see her be blessed. We really appreciate family and the support they are to us. My mom and Dale came up to Salmon on the 4th. We went to the Sacajawea Center. For those of you that don't know Salmon, ID is the birthplace of Sacajawea. We went out to dinner. Then they watched the fireworks from the balcony of their hotel room. Dallin and I were party poopers and didn't take Claire to see the fireworks. We figured she wouldn't care. I took her outside for a minute to see the fireworks that people were setting off. Her eyes got really big when they went off in the sky.

Lori and Joel and their family came up on Saturday. We all went out to dinner and the kids had fun swimming in the cold pool. On Sunday the rest of our family came up. After the blessing we had a dinner at the park. We grilled hamburger and hot dogs and had a bunch of salads thanks to Mom, Melissa, and Diana. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So adorable!! I love it! I wish we would have been able to make it. I don't know how well we all would have lasted in the car for that long, plus we probably would've just given you guys more to stress over! She's so sweet, just like a little angel. Good work you two!

Grandma Black said...

She is beautiful Jen. You and Dallin do great work. I can hardly wait to hold her. See you soon,
Nina (Grandma Black)