Monday, November 12, 2007

12.5 weeks


So, I had my first ultrasound today and apparently I'm a little farther along than they thought. I am now 12 1/2 weeks along and the baby will be arriving now around May 23rd. So, here is what our baby is doing this week. Our baby's big fat head is now not so big and fat. It now only takes up about 1/3 of his/her body. The baby now has fingerprints so he/she is all set for a criminal record. And our baby is covered in a very fine monkey hair. Baby is now 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/4 oz. During the ultrasound the baby was wriggling around alot. It was wierd to think that he/she was moving but I still couldn't feel it. The lady that was taking the ultrasound said, "Oh, look now you can see the arms. Oh, he's clapping." It was kinda funny. The baby was kicking his legs alot too. The above photo is a profile shot. The head is on the right side. Pretty cool, huh?

7 comments:

Steve and Melissa Holm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Grandma says, "What a beautiful baby"!!!

Steve and Melissa Holm said...

I removed the last comment because I saw the answer to my question of how far along you thought you were. That was a quick week you went through in a day. Don't you wish the 40 weeks went by that quick. Steve

Jen said...

Yes, there are times that I wish that the 40 weeks would go by that quick, on the other hand, that 40 weeks gives me time to wrap my head around the concept.

catherine said...

awesome!

Nate said...

Our kids are going to be best friends, just so you know.

Miranda said...

Dude, this is the perfect profile picture. Way to go Fetus Judy.