Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Old Fart!
So, at clinicals today my preceptor was introducing me to some other people in the office and she introduced me to this old fart and she happened to share with him that I was having a baby and the jerk actually said, and I quote, "It's a shame to waste all of that practical information from nursing school to just have a family." I couldn't believe he actually said that out loud to me. I mean I had only known him for what...like 2 minutes! It made me so mad and I kept thinking about it all day. I just stood there after he said it with my mouth open and couldn't think of anything to say. My preceptor piped up and said, "Well, that's the great thing about nursing. You can only work 1 or days a week if you want to." Luckily she thought of something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
O Jen as my mom would say....sometimes you just have to let that one go with a genteel breeze. (after all some people just can't help but tell the world just how stupid they are;)
Post a Comment