Thursday, September 20, 2007

Huffin' and Puffin'

So, Dallin and I decided to go geocaching the other day. He told me to pick out the coordinates of where I wanted to go. I decided that since my bum has quadrupled in size that it might be a good idea to pick a cache that went over more difficult terrain. As we followed the trusting arrow on our GPS it pointed the way clear to the top of this ridge that overlooked Pocatello...and I believe Blackfoot. Dallin lead the way most of the time followed by our wonderful brother-in-law Steve followed by out-of-shape-big-bum-Jen. My heart was beating so hard that I could hear it in my ears. We hiked it at sunset so we got to see the sunset on beautyful Southeastern Idaho. As we got to the top we found the cache hidden under a pile of rocks. We were the first to find it! I thought that was kind of cool. Inside the cache was a barrel of monkeys, etch-a-sketch, and some foreign money. We didn't take anything because we didn't feel like hawling anything up the mountain. It made me a little frustrated though because there was a dirt road that went all the way up to the top. I hate hiking places that you can drive to. By the time we found our way back to the car it was pretty dark and I was tired! The end.

No comments: