Monday, May 13, 2013

Dallin's Birthday!

This guy is 34!
The day began with donuts and orange juice for breakfast. Then a surprise lunch for Dad. We went out to lunch for some Chinese.
Then we came home and Claire helped me make this super awesome, super easy campfire cake.
She made a birthday card and helped me wrap presents.
They watched out the window for their daddy to come walking up the driveway and then ran out to greet him. Then he opened his presents. They couldn't wait to blow out candles on the cake so we did that before dinner. Claire was excited that we had sparkler candles, which by the way did not work very well.
After a group effort of blowing out candles we had Dallin's birthday dinner of Chicken Enchiladas. I am so thankful for this man. Here are a few things I love about him: he never yells, he will say "I'm sorry," he will do the dishes, make dinner, even scrub the toilet when it has gone waaaayyyy too long between cleanings, he plays with the kids, he is adventurous, he is patient with me and the kids. I love you, Dallin! Hope your day was a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday-from the breakfast to the cake to the cute message on his kids feet! I agree with everything you said about Dallin-he is a great husband for you and a great dad for your kids. We love him. Mom