Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sam Austin


Sam was born on 1/6/13 at 4:33 A.M. He was 20 3/4 inches long, 7 lbs 12 oz. My water broke at around 1:30 A.M. We went to the hospital at 2:30 and he was born two hours later. By far the fastest labor yet! He is so sweet. The nurses at the hospital just kept saying he looked like a c-section baby because his head was so round. He has a cute little nose and double chin.












His sisters are so proud of him! Claire is like a little mother hen. She hardly ever leaves his side. She always wants to hold him and stroke his head. She loves to help change diapers, give him sponge baths, and run errands for Mom around the house.
When Kate first saw Sam at the hospital she kept saying, "Oh, cute baby" and "I wanna keep him." I was relieved she didn't tell me to send him back. She loves to hold him for about 30 seconds and then she is "all done." She gives him kisses too.

We are so blessed to have our 3 kids and that they are all healthy, safe, and happy. I'm always so relieved when they get here safe and sound.

7 comments:

s_cubby said...

Oh Jen I know you already know, but wow he is precious! and that little guy is going to have so many wonderful mommies :) Im sure kate and Claire and super helpful. Good job and glad to hear the labor was so much better this time around!

Rachel said...

He is perfect. I am so happy for you guys, you have an awesome family Jen! Those girls will be great sisters. My brothers Will and Sam used to cry for my mom then when she came they would say "No, my yittle mama!" I got to be the yittle mama. Sometimes I am still the yittle mama :) What fun you will have this summer. Dallin will love getting him out fishing and exploring :) I hope you are feeling great and enjoying these first precious days!

catherine said...

cute cute cute!!!! hope you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

We love seeing all those cute kids!! He's so sweet! Love Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Oh he is darling. I wish I could hold him but it looks like he is getting lots of attention. Thanks for the pictures. I have been looking for them. Mom and Dale

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys!!! He's so cute!!!

Kimberlee said...

Jen! I hadn't a clue you were so close to having your new little guy. And a boy, too. He is absolutely precious. I love the pictures with Sam and his big sisters. So sweet. Hope you are feeling well - and getting sleep.