Monday, September 22, 2008

4 Month Immunizations

So, Claire went in for the good ole immunizations today. Call me crazy but I didn't feel it was appropriate to shoot a before and after picture for the blog. Just picture a smiley happy baby with her fat happy legs a-kickin' then picture a squinty-eyed baby with big ole tears mouth wide open and a cute little baby girl cry and frigid tight fat legs. There you have it. I really feel that today might have been worse for me then her. I had some major anxiety before the appt. So I promptly walked across the parking lot to the hospital got into the medication closet and fished out some Versed and popped it right into my vein. I felt much better after. (By the way if anyone out there from my job is reading this, I was totally kidding.) She actually did much better this time. It went a lot quicker, partly because I helped give the shots. I got her on her right leg and the other nurse got her with two on the left. We were done in a jiffy. She cried for about a good 30 seconds. Then she was pretty good the rest of the day...a total difference than last time. She now weighs 12 lbs 12 oz. She also started to laugh a week ago. It is the cutest ever. She laughs at funny things that I wouldn't think would be funny. We love her! She is so fun. I think this Friday we will start her on solids. I'm looking forward to that. We've noticed her staring at our food more often. It will be a great fun mess!

3 comments:

catherine said...

Can't believe Claire is so big. I miss you guys!

Kimberlee said...

Can't believe you could help give the shots! You are much stronger than me. I close my eyes when they do it.

Kimberlee said...

By the way...we need more pics of your little Claire. Can't believe she is already 4 months.