Monday, March 17, 2008

A Blah Weekend

This last Thursday Dallin and I headed up to Helena, MT to take my nursing boards. When we were about an hour out of Salmon we got into a wreck. We were driving along a mountain pass that had a bunch of curves. The roads were completely dry but we hit some gravel on a sharp turn and started to slide as if the roads were icy. We hit the snow bank on the side of the road. The snow was pretty hard so our truck drove up on top of it and then flipped over onto its side. We were both wearing our seatbelts and we are both okay with no major injuries. I kinda hurt my knee a little bit and got a tiny cut on my finger. We both had stiff necks the day and Dallin's neck clicks when he turns his head. We didn't have to go the ER or anything. Our baby is okay also. Our truck had to get towed back to Salmon. We hitched a ride with the tow truck guy back to Salmon, picked our Subaru up, and then headed out again to Helena. The tow truck guy took forever getting there (2-3 hours), so that set us back quite a bit and we didn't get to Helena until 12:30 AM. There was a snow plow guy that stopped and put cones out for us and let me sit in the cab while we waited. There are only to auto body shops in Salmon and they are both fighting over us.

I had to be up the next morning by 6:30, so I only got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep before I went to take my boards. I had 265 questions on my exam, it took me about 5 hours to take it. My mind was pretty much mush by the end. I don't feel real confident about it either. I find out in a month how I did.

After my exam we drove to Missoula, MT so that Dallin could take his boards the next day. His exam told him his results immediately after and...HE PASSED! Yeah!

We did have fun driving around Helena and Missoula looking at the old historic houses, going shopping, and going out to eat at yummy restaurants.

3 comments:

catherine said...

Congratulations Dallin!!!!! I'm glad you guys are alright. How scary.

Jenn said...

Man! as if taking boards isn't stressful enough! I'm so glad you guys were all okay. Good luck waiting for results! I'm sure you did just fine!

Ben said...

Congrats on the boards Dallin! Jen, if it makes you feel any better I hear that you usually feel horrible about the boards and then it turns out well in the end...so congrats in advance (I'm jeleous of you both!). I'm glad to hear you survived the accident!! Dallin, you're not just wearing your seatbelt because of that pocatello cop that pulled us over after mountain biking are you?! :) Those were the good ol' days...