What a special birthday for this girl. How time has flown by. I can't believe I have an 8 year old! It doesn't seem that long ago when she was a sweet little baby and now she is a beautiful young girl. We have enjoyed having Claire in our lives. She is so sweet and a peacemaker in our family. She helps me out so much. I love that she has so many interests and hobbies. She loves to camp, hike, art, her electric guitar. She loves to learn. She loves science experiments and art projects.
For her birthday this year she wanted a Harry Potter cake. I made her sorting cupcakes. Inside each cupcake was pudding that was colored to what house you were sorted in. Claire got Hufflepuff. Kate got Gryffindor. Sam got Ravenclaw. Dallin and I got Slytherin. I think Mae got Ravenclaw? Claire wanted to go for a hike so we hiked around Williams Lake and went fishing. We let her skip school. We cooked her french toast for breakfast, chili for lunch, and took her out to dinner to the Mexican Restaurant. It was a good day!
For her birthday she got to go on an Idaho Falls trip with just me. We shopped for her baptism dress. She got a new set of scriptures and a carrying case. She also got a backpack so that she can go backpacking with Dallin.



No comments:
Post a Comment