Friday, October 17, 2014

Sam's Surgery

Our little Sam had to have surgery this last summer. It was really hard as they took him away to the operating room. He cried and cried and reached for me as they walked away. Then I cried in the waiting room. His surgery went really well though and when it was time to go get him, man was he ticked off! He was screaming so hard! I wrapped him in his blanket and held him close and he finally calmed down. Then he would cry hard again and then stop again for a little bit. This went on for about 1 to 2 hours. They gave him some apple juice in a sippy cup and he drank so fast and long that his oxygen sats went down into the 80's. I had to take it away and tell him to slow down and take a breath. His sisters were back home with Grandma Connie and Grandpa Dale and they were pretty worried about him. I decided to take a picture of him and send it to them to say the surgery went well and that it was over. When Sam saw that I was taking a picture of him he gave me a "cheesy grin." Even though he didn't feel well he still managed a smile. Love you Sam!

No comments: