So, one of the holidays that is normally not celebrated as much as the other major holidays is Earth Day. This was the first year we have celebrated it in our family and let me tell you that it was so much fun! Definitely one that we will continue celebrating for years to come. There are so many fun activities for little ones to do.
This year we went on a nature scavenger hunt at the Sacajawea Center. We found so many fun things in nature that were on our scavenger hunt cards. From bees to birds from leaves to the river. The kids all had so much fun...
Sam had fun eventually. The girls packed their backpacks with pens and pencils, scavenger hunt cards, leap pads so that they could take pictures of their nature finds, snacks, and water. I have great plans for the future that include planting our garden, planting a small indoor grassy meadow for their toy animals, picking up trash, leaf rubbings, etc.



1 comment:
I always loved earth day when I was teaching! Never thought about doing it elsewhere. What a good mom you are! Mom
Post a Comment