Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Natural Yeast

So my mother in law got me a pet for my birthday. I named her Betty. She is very low maintenance. I only have to feed her twice a week. I don't have to walk her or pick up her poop in the yard. She doesn't dig holes under my fence, or drag deer legs into the yard, or leave me regurgitated mice on my doorstep. My pet is called Natural Yeast, and yes I named her Betty. By far the best pet I have ever owned.
Natural yeast is supposed to be more healthy for you compared to the yeast you buy in the grocery store. Did you know that they make the yeast you buy in the store in a lab? I didn't. I guess I never thought about it before. I don't know where I thought it came from. Essentially Natural yeast is just going back to how people made breads for thousands of years that did not have a store to buy it in.
It doubles in size after every feeding so I have to use it frequently or throw some away. I don't have the heart to throw her away so hopefully I can keep up with utilizing her frequently. I am scheduled to feed her tomorrow so I got to make some banana nut muffins today. Mmmm. mmm.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awesome I want to try some!! I want a pet that doesn't poop too :) By the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!!! Love you hope your day was splendorific! You deserve it :)