![]() |
| Smoky mountains from the fires |
We finally made our yearly trip to Redfish Lake. It dawned on me a few weeks ago that the summer was getting away from me and we hadn't even gone camping yet. That is so weird for us because Dallin usually drags us out Memorial Day to go camping and here it is late August. So, I thought I would be a good sport for my kids and brave two nights camping in a tent at Redfish/Stanley. The first night we spent camping was ssoooo cold! It was probably one of the top 3 longest nights I had ever had. I don't think I slept longer than 2 hours...literally. No exaggeration there. Our car thermometer read 27 degrees at 0800. And I was not the only pansy. Dallin was awake too and stated, "We are either getting a hotel room tomorrow night or we are going home, because I'm not staying another night here in a tent." That was music to my ears. So, the next morning first thing on the agenda was find a hotel room. And find one we did! And actually the smoke was probably worse in Salmon than in Stanley.
We had fun going out to eat, cooking over a campfire, roasting marshmallows, going to the fish hatchery, playing on the beach and in the water, going on a paddle boat, eating ice cream, and going to the hot springs.











1 comment:
i love that last photo of you guys!
Post a Comment