Thursday, April 12, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Dallin and I went to Las Vegas for about 5 days for our 10 year anniversary. Diana and Shane watched the kiddos while we went. Thank you Diana and Shane! You are the best! We missed them terribly but knew they were in good hands. We ate lots of good food. The first two pictures were taken at a restaurant known for their breakfasts. Dallin got biscuits and gravy and I got the picture below. It had "man vs. food" next to it. That should have been my first clue to stear clear. It contained mashed potatoes on the bottom, then fried chicken, then bacon, then eggs, then a biscuit, and to top it all off holandaise sauce. I could only eat a 1/4 of it and I walked out of there like I had a brick in my stomach. We also ate at In-n-Out Burger and the buffet at the Bellagio. We both walked out of there again so miserable.


The next few pictures are of the Bellagio gardens. It was so beautiful as always!




We spent a lot of time watching the fountains. They are probably my favorite thing to do in Vegas. We did go see Phantom of the Opera. It was fantastic! That was also my favorite thing we did there.



We had to escape the hustle and bustle of the Strip, so we headed to the temple. It was very peaceful and quiet.

We tried to take numerous self portraits and this one was my favorite. Dallin's face cracks me up. He kind of looks like a New Yorker to me, kinda like he's saying, "You got a problem with me?" Either that or he is in complete agony. It's a toss up.

Last but not least we saw many interesting people there. The following is a tribute to the Flava of Las Vegas!
This is Indian Chief man. Have you ever seen an indian chief using a cell phone. I hadn't.
This guy, right after we took the picture, he started leaping and bounding down the sidewalk.

It was a good trip. But we were so glad to come back home to population 3000, two stoplights, and a home where we couldn't hear a roller coaster and people screaming.

3 comments:

catherine said...

looks like fun! you look really pretty! especially in the self portrait :)

Michelle said...

Cute! Clair smiles just like you! I never noticed it until these pictures! Looks like you guys had lots of fun and you totally deserved it!!!

Connie and Dale said...

Glad you had a great time. Didn't you take pictures of the Red Rocks?