Sunday, February 26, 2012

Abstract Artist

I found on pinterest this awesome art project.
Step 1: Spray foam shaving cream onto a cookie sheet.
Step 2: Drop two different colors of food coloring all over shaving cream. (Word to the wise: do this project naked, or at least with underwear!)
Step 3: Swirl with a paintbrush. Use non hair end.

Step 4: Press cardstock lightly on top of shaving cream.
Step 5: Pull cardstock off and let sit for 2 minutes.
Step 6: Scrape excess shaving cream off with a popsicle stick
Step 7: Voila! Art!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

That is totally rad! I've seen something similar where they just mix colors together and play with the shaving cream but I love the art that she made!

Tiffany said...

very cool!!! I know what we will be doing at my house tomorrow!

Kimberlee said...

I let my kids play in the shaving cream a month or two ago. But abstract art...I never even thought of it. Love, love it. Did it ruin your cookie sheet though? After a morning of shaving cream playing I was left with discolored cookie sheets. I used my good ones too, dang it. :)

Connie and Dale said...

Claire, I love your art work. I'm sure it was fun! When I taught first grade, at the end of school on Friday I let them "paint" with shaving cream on their desks. It was a good way to have clean desks every week and the kids loved it plus they had clean hands too.
Grandma Connie

Nathan and Heidi said...

Got to love Pinterest! Your girls are so adorable!!! They look like little porcelain dolls!