Thursday, July 7, 2011
Happy 4th!
The whole month of July was spent trying to convince Claire that fireworks were not scary, but fun; and that sparklers did not make loud noises. I even contemplated not taking my children to the fireworks show because 1. Kate would be a basket case at 10:30 pm and 2. Claire, would pretty much have to go to counseling after the thunderous fireworks. But, I decided, "No! It is the 4th of July dangit! And we are going to watch the fireworks!" So Dallin timed naps just right...because I was working, and believe it or not Claire decided that fireworks were fun right at the last minute. It was a 4th of July miracle! We have kind of started a 4th of July tradition. We pump up an air mattress and throw it in the back of the pickup along with pillows and blankets and our dog (which by the way hates...hates fireworks). We pop a huge bowl of popcorn and throw our children illegally into the pickup with no carseats and go watch the fireworks. It turned out to be a great night. Kate would laugh and smile at the fireworks followed by ooo's and ahhh's from the rest of us. Hope your 4th of July was awesome too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a fun day! What a cute idea! Who wouldn't love sitting in the back of a truck eating yummy popcorn!!
A wonderful tradition. I thought about coming for July 4th. I should have. Mom
Post a Comment