Monday, May 16, 2011

Fun Times

So, the beginning of May was pretty fun. First, Dallin's Mom and sister Melissa took Claire to Fairmont Hot Springs on a Saturday. Dallin, Kate and I met up with them on Easter Sunday. Claire and Kate had so much fun swimming, playing at the park, and going to the petting zoo. Claire went down the big people water slide with Dallin. She went under at the bottom of slide. She came up and cried a little, but I can tell that she is so proud of herself because she still talks about it. We returned home on Monday.

Then, on Tuesday, Claire, Kate and I packed up to go to Pocatello to visit with Mandy, Nate, and Zayley and to visit with my sister Lisa, Charles, Matthew, and Colton. We also visited my long lost friend Kim, which I was reminded again how much fun she is. Zayley and Claire had so much fun together eating popcorn and jumping on beds...as you can tell by the hysterically laughing pictures. I can't imagine what would be so funny!


Then, on Thursday we traveled to Blackfoot to stay with my sister Diana and Shane and their family. Claire again, had so much fun jumping on the tramp and playing trains. Then, on Saturday when we were loading up to go home my wonderful, selfless, and a little crazy sister begged me to leave the kids with her for a week...I KNOW!!! It was very hard for me to leave them, but I did. I cried as I drove away from their house. The week was very productive, but oh how I missed Claire and Kate. Thank you Diana and Shane for everything! You are both amazing people.


When we went back to Blackfoot the following Saturday for Shanelle's baptism I saw Claire at the end of the hallway. I heard her cry, "Mommy!" and came running down the hall. I just about cried with tears of joy. My eyes welled up with tears and I knew that if I blinked they would came crashing down my cheek. I held it together though.

2 comments:

catherine said...

Sounds like a fun couple weeks :)

Kimberlee said...

I'm so glad I got to see you when you came down, Jen. It was so fun to catch up. I missed you. It had been way to long.