Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Daly Mansion

So for about a year now...or more my friends and I have been anxiously awaiting to attend an all-nighter to The Daly Mansion for a spooky sleepover. This Mansion was built circa 1900. It has 25 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms and is on 24 acres of forest. It is absolutely gorgeous! The Daly's were loaded! The people that work there host an all nighter around Halloween. They fed us a harvest dinner and the night had various activities such as a tour of the house along with stories of ghost encounters in the past, tour of the grounds, ghost hunting excursion, scary movies, a psychic, tarot card reader, palm reader, all you can eat snacks around the clock and breakfast in the morning. It was so much fun! I finally fell asleep at 5:30 am and breakfast was served at 6:00. I have not done that in so long. I know some of you are thinking, "A night away from no kids and you stay up all night when you could have had a night with uninterrupted sleep?" I know you are thinking that because I did. But I have no regrets.



We didn't get many pictures because they told us that picture taking inside the mansion was not allowed and then it got dark soon for outside pictures. The room we chose to sleep in had no lights working and before we knew we were not allowed to take pictures inside Yvonne snapped this photo of Heather and I setting up our beds. We soon found out that out of the whole mansion the only room that had a "bad energy" was this one. Brilliant right? Just our luck. Yvonne said, "If the picture we took in our room has an orb I'm gonna freak!" Well, low and behold....
Isn't that just the cutest little orb right above our heads?
We were so freaked out we took another one and the orb is gone! (sudden gasp)
In a nut shell the palm reader told me that I was a better housekeeper than a cook, my work was going to become my life at 37, I'm a genius but I'm not a confident person, I'm going to at some point in my life become separated from Dallin but our marriage works out. I loved it so much there that I signed up to become a volunteer. I start Monday to help decorate for Christmas! I'll keep you posted if I encounter anything from "the other side."

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am totally jealous! That sounds like so much fun, what an awesome place. I am so excited for you to volunteer, and to decorated such a cool place for Christmas, HOW FUN!
Oh, and sorry to hear about you and Dallin....At least your marriage lasts :)

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to hear tales of your volunteer work! Sounds like you had a delightful time! And hey, what are sleepovers for if not to stay up all night long anyway? Take care. Love ya!

Melissa said...

Jen if you go next year i am official inviting my self.