
We took this lab/hound dog for a walk. He didn't seem too bad. He pulled a little when we walked him, but we thought "nothing we can't fix." They have a 10 day trial period, so that if you get the dog home and he eats your garden, digs up your flowers, chews your sprinkler system, barks constantly, and bowls your child over you can always bring him back for a full refund. We thought what do we have to lose. We'll try him out and if we can't stand him we'll take him back. We adopt him after filling out a ridiculous form that asks ridiculous questions and pay A HUNDRED DOLLARS for him! No sooner do we get on the interstate to head back home Duggan...the dog...starts freaking out. He is barking so loud. And mind you in an enclosed tight quarter such as the car his bark is magnified by 10 fold. Poor little Claire is in the back seat right in front of him and starts shrilling for fear of being eaten. I'm hitting the brakes, swerving around on the interstate, yelling at this dog to shut the h*ll up. We find an emergency exit and turn around to take Duggan back to the pound. I bet that was the shortest adoption trial period ever recorded. Needless to say I do not want another dog. We drove the rest of the way home in peace and quiet.
So, that we didn't make this trip in vain we stopped at a ghost town called Bannack that I've always wanted to see. I can't help but be drawn to ghost towns. I love envisioning the streets full of men and women and horses of the 1800's. I love to walk through the homes and envision what the people were like that lived there. Bannack is neat because they don't totally renovate the homes and restore them, they keep them in the current condition that they were discovered in. The only downer was the buildings that had anything in them were locked up. It turned out to be a pretty good day.
3 comments:
ha. poor duggan. he was so close to a new family.
Man I am so glad you were able to take that dog back. I am sorry that it didn't work out though I know you guys wanted another one. I am so excited that you got to go visit Bannock! Way neat huh! I loved it! Well sounds like a exciting weekend!
I'm glad you turned around and took him back and didn't tough it out. Sounds like a nightmare trip, but the ghost town thing is cool, I've heard a lot about it and have always wanted to go.
Post a Comment